A favorite activity of mine is growing flowers and foliage for bouquets. When I lived
in Florida a wrote a small guide called A Cutting Garden for Florida. After moving
to Pennsylvania, I teamed up with Florida garden writer Monica Brandies and expanded
the book, twice. It solves many Florida garden problems. It is in its third edition
now. The book has great reviews and includes:
* Ways to enhance your landscape with flowers for bouquets
* Plant-by-plant tips for a muggy, buggy climate
* Plant-by-Plant tips for harvesting and conditioning
* Best cut flowers and foliage for Florida, including unusual material
* The Florida gardener’s calendar, month by month
* Instructions on arranging Florida’s cut flowers, fresh or dry
I also co-wrote Cutting Gardens, with Anne Halpin, published by Simon and Schuster.
Although out of print now it can be found as a used book. The 200-plant guide is
for all zones of the USA and includes conditioning info for each plant individually.
– Betty Mackey